Thursday, August 30, 2007

Summer is O-V-E-R School is here!

Well all has been said and done and what a summer it has been!!!
August has been a jam packed month!

Month of August
8-11 Zeal Retreat. camping Disney style!
(as if the retreat weren't enough we had to finish off the weekend w/ a bang!)
11 Universal Studios-Islands of Adventure
12 First Baptist Church Orlando and outlet mall shopping

13 Miami Dade Orientation @ Medical Campus

August 23-26
Trip to North Carolina
25 Teshina's Wedding

August 27
Miami Dade Orientation for Baptist Scholar Students :)

Today, August 30= 1st day of class

Everybody who knows me knows I'm the type of person who can be completely content staying at home all weekend and not stepping foot outside of the neighborhood. Don't get me wrong; I love to go out hang out with friends but sometimes you just need that one weekend to sit back relax and unwind. Well this month completely did not go that way. I couldn't have planned it any better though. I had a blast!

In between all the events I had to go and get prepared for school and I still have some loose ends to wrap up. I had to get the uniforms, shop around for books (which ended up costing just as much as my tuition!) side note: If your looking for cheap books check out ecampus.com they were reasonable priced. Some new books cost 20 bucks cheaper than MDC bookstores and when you're buying a heavy class load of books it adds up! Just be sure to try to order 2-3 weeks in advance if you can (you might qualify for free shipping) <----I should get paid for that ad :P

Next post will be about the wedding...

3 comments:

Anne Marie said...

sorry you didn't get more rest. it was awesome hanging out with you at some of those things :) you're a trip. and your description of the sardine spine was disgusting... ick!!! made me laugh though

Lauren said...

I know what you mean...why is it over already! Awww....how the time flew. Well till next year or atleast until we make another trip.

Anne Marie said...

where's that wedding post? i know you're not busy. i know you sit around doing nothing...