Saturday, August 4, 2007

Summer is coming to an end...

Summer is coming to an end and what a wonderful end it has been!!! A lot of thoughts have been going through my mind in these past few months. The stress of life always seemingly trying to bring a person down. I've had some very tough decisions that I thought I could put off forever. For the past five years I've been struggling with what I want to do with my life. Taking one class here another class there eventually my "short" term goal was finally accomplished and its finally time for me to get on the ball and finish my long term goal which would be graduating MDC w/ a degree in Registered Nursing. Many people could see the past five years as a waste of time but honestly I believe everything is in God's timing. In those five years I have meet incredible people who have helped me grow and change for the better-lifetime friends. I've been plugged into incredible churches. I enjoy what I do at the hospital and love the people I work with and now I'm finally ready for the next step in my life. It won't be easy but I know God is by my side. Originally I thought that my schedule would be horrendous! Getting up at the butt crack of dawn and going to sleep w/ the bats only getting a few hours of sleep at night. People made the nursing program sound like a nightmare: no life, no sleep, no job, no personal time...and ultimately too busy for God, is what it sounded like. I know I''ll have to adjust my priorities and get things right. Yesterday I went to one of my orientations at MDC and found out that the schedule doesn't sound as ridiculous as I've been hearing but my study habits will have to change. No more memorizing formulas, equations and answers. Its time for the real deal now. At the end of this program I will have the lives of a strangers at my very fingertips. Its a very scary thought. "Failure isn't an option"

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Im sure you will be fine...you have friends to help you through it all. Im so very excitied for you and looking forward to one of our many detailed conversations.